January 14, 2005

What Fun

Somehow I can see this game becoming quite popular: "Open up your entire music library, hit shuffle, and see what the first ten songs to come up are."

1. "The Rat" – The Walkmen
2. "How Near How Far" – …And You Will Know Them By The Trail of The Dead
3. "Cheap Linguistics" – Magneta Lane
4. "How Soon Is Now" – Tatu
5. "Kathy's Waltz" – Dave Brubeck Quartet
6. "Eon Blue Apocalypse" – Tool
7. "Rebirth of the Cool" – Afghan Whigs
8. "Your New Aesthetic" – Jimmy Eat World
9. "Dreamworld" –Hot Water Music
10. "I'd Rather Dance With You" – Kings of Convenience

Whatever. That Tatu cover of an old Smiths song is a little embarrassing but I like it. I've only very recently started downloading .mp3s so it's a bit biased towards newer music—on the old Dell desktop I had all the crap you download when you first enter college. But I don't really like Led Zeppelin so I was kind of relieved when I stopped having to pretend I did.

By the way... Not sure where Matt's coming from here, but the "Sound of Settling" is an awful Death Cab for Cutie tune. "Song for Kelly Huckaby" is and always has been a better top pick. But really, this dispute pales beside the all-important question of why Ben Gibbard's head is so goddamn massive.
-- Brad Plumer 3:08 AM || ||